In March, I defended my PhD at the University of Toronto. Moved to Québec City at the start of April and began my new job as a postdoctoral researcher at Université Laval.
Had my first visitor when my friend Laura came for 2 days from Kingston, on the train. Seems like it'll be easier to get people here than I thought: everyone seems to love the city, and it's conveniently en route to the Maritimes.
Traveled to Newfoundland (for my friend Monica's wedding) and Alberta (for work, and saw my brother Derek's new home) at the end of May. Coming "home" to Québec for the 1st time felt odd but good.
June was the month of convocation and my first visit back to Toronto.
Next time I'll tell you all about the fun shenanigans happening here this summer!







2 comments:
I was hoping you had a blog update too! You've been keeping busy as always. You all look so utterly lovely in that wedding photo! Convocation must have felt great too, Dr. Lefevre. Seems like just the right time for culture shock/homesickness, hang in there. Missing you! Sharilynn
Aww, thanks sweetpea, I miss you too. *Loving* keeping track of what's going on in Paris on Jordan's blog. I will keep reading.
Post a Comment