Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Before & After

Our spring cleaning project is showing good signs of progress.  I can only hit it in fits and starts, when little one lets me put him down, but it's amazing the difference some tidying, dusting and mopping can make!

My friend Ann came over the other day to help - she hung out with Cedar so I could have my hands free :)

Seeing the spiffy results made me think back to what it looked like when we first moved in last summer.  So here are the official makeover shots:

Living Room
before

after

Kitchen
before

 after

Very rewarding to see how we've transformed the house.  Rob recently fixed up the basement so that it's semi-finished, and now it's so much better down there, with separate, painted areas for laundry, storage, and his workshop.

Meanwhile, our boy is growing fast - at 10 weeks he's now into the double digits at 11+ pounds, and has grown over two inches since birth.  I've been knitting covers for his cloth diapers - too cute on him! - but they're already tight, time to make some more.


Lots of firsts... We took him for his 1st visit last weekend, to our friends' house for brunch.  He uttered his 1st true laugh the other day and it was magical to hear.  Yesterday was less fun, with his 1st vaccines... but that means we're having extra cuddles today.  Here are the most recent shots of our little snuggler (notice the weight gain is making for some awesome chubbier cheeks).

5 comments:

jane said...

oh unc!! just look at that little guy! he is so absolutely snuggly! I can't believe how much he has grown and that one of his little laugh is just awesome. please come to toronto for a visit soon- I can't take it! your place btw, looks amazing! you guys have done a fantastic job!

Mitzi said...

Loved seeing the new photos of Cedar. He is so sweet. Your place looks great-good luck with selling it-even though it means you will be moving away. Enjoy your days-they go sooo fast.

Sharilynn said...

Wow, what a doll!! He's too adorable, and you make me feel shame looking at all you have accomplished - like knitting all those diaper covers AND creating a beautiful fabulous home. I can't believe you got rid of that palm-tree mural though. What were you thinking ;) I wish I had a fraction of your initiative and creativity! So, so looking forward to meeting your little man. Hopefully sooner than later!

Unknown said...

omg, the laugh, the laugh! love love love . . .

kalyle said...

Thanks guys, yeah he sure is cuddly...

S, don't worry — the house looks clean in these professional shots, but normally it looks like a bomb hit it, and I'm lucky if I've brushed my teeth on any given day. Ahhh, life with a newborn :)