This week's goal is to create a vision for how we want our homes to feel by the end of the process. Here goes.....
My home is my cocoon and a source of inspiration and regeneration. I want it to have a natural, comfortable feel both inside and out. I like it to reflect a spirit of creativity and adventure, with a unique personal flavour from the life experiences I've had. All that exists now, I think. So what I want to really concentrate on during my spring clean is to make it a bit simpler: to use the small space more efficiently, it will be great to decrease the amount of paper and stuff floating about (especially now that we have a boatload of baby paraphernalia added to the mix!). That means paring down what we have, and doing a thorough tidy and reorg of every nook, closet, drawer and cranny. It will make the house feel lighter and more open. I'm up for it! Finally, I want to inject some touches from our recent life together, such as photos of travels and baby.
These are some images that I find inspiring—
I like how this is tidy and open, yet cozy and rustic.
But I prefer more colour!
I'll keep looking for ideas that better capture what I'm going for. To get kick-started this week, I'm aiming to give the home office an overhaul. It's the creative engine for most of my activities so that should get the juices flowing.




1 comment:
I still need to check that out... No joke, I had more dirt in my house last weekend than I thought possible. My "spring cleaning" started Sunday. There's nothing like good spring cleaning! Let me know if you need some help. (That's what friends are for:)
Post a Comment