To make it interesting we eschewed the 401 and chose a route through Vermont, the Adirondacks and Finger Lakes areas of New York, then along the south shore of Lake Erie into Michigan and the workshop site at the Kellogg Biological Station. Papa did amazingly on full-time duty, and baby had his first dip in a lake.
the luxe field station
Our next stop was the GTA for some family time. We visited R's clan in Burlington, catching up with baby's Aunties, cousin Nathan, Mamie and Papa. Then we visited mine in Markham. Auntie Jane and her crew joined us for the awesome feast Grandpa Gord and Grandma Lynn prepared (which I foolishly failed to photograph... hopefully someone took pictures), to celebrate the visit of their first grandbaby. It was a busy weekend full of hugs, smiles, and yummy food. In the middle of it we picked up R's new work truck that he'd bought through an auction; it'll be key for the building he wants to do once we move to Manitoulin Island.
visiting with Papa Ryan, Mamie, and Nathan
Next we headed north toward Tobermory and hopped the ferry to Manitoulin. I drove with Cedar in the new truck while papa followed in our hatchback (he wanted us in the "tank" :)
We spent a few days in Kagawong with GrammE and Granda, who were also very excited to meet their first grandchild, while R was busy sourcing some ethically-harvested cedar lumber for a project in Ottawa.
Our last stop was then the true nation's capital, where we caught up with old friends, and R was building a deck. But first he had to tear down the old one...
Now back at home, we're packing madly for the summer. In two days we make the 13 hr trek back to the island and the cottage we'll be staying at on Lake Huron. We are sooOooo excited about that!
Baby Cedar is nearly 5 months old and developing so quickly — here he is busting out his latest skill, rolling like crazy. Babbling and rotating 180s are also high on his list of faves ;)









3 comments:
Miss you.... :D Ann
My goodness, what a handsome man! I'm so glad I took a moment out to check out your news this morning. It put a smile on my face. I hope the relocation is going really well!
Cedar is looking ever so charming :) I'm sure a million people want to see you, but do let us know if you're in TO. I'd like to see the little man in person!
Post a Comment