Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Smoke signals...

...would've been the best way to reach us this summer.  I have been seriously incommunicado.

Living in a cottage on the North Channel of Lake Huron was a dream come true.  Having no phone or internet was a big challenge!  Definitely a good way to detox from web addiction, but I could use a little more connection to the world at large.

Home: our friends' cottage on Mudge Bay



The cottage was a wonderful place to detune, enjoy baby's first summer, and get Rob's carpentry business off the ground.  We spent the summer exploring the bounty of Manitoulin Island with baby: tranquility, beaches, rocky shorelines, swimming in lakes, long walks, farmers markets, glorious sunsets and clear starry skies.

Being able to hang out with family was an amazingly welcome change.  My brother Derek drove out from Alberta to visit for two weeks, and 1 of Cedar's 3 sets of grandparents was just a 10 min drive away.  Our pals Laura, Troy and Willem came for a day while in the area to visit Elliot Lake and Killarney.  (Mamie and Papa came too, and that will be part of our next post, including our latest move...)

Baby is 8 months old now and thriving in these peaceful, beautiful surroundings.  Here are some highlights of his first summer :) 

 hanging out with Uncle Derek at Meldrum Bay




 enjoying solids at 6.5 months



 Papa hard at work; below with his new pick-up

 I can sit!

 I can crawl!

 the beach at Providence Bay

  hiking at Misery Bay

Laura and Willem swimming in Bridal Veil Falls



3 comments:

Mitzi said...

It was sooo good to see your blog entry. Love seeing how much Cedar has grown. He is really cute. Glad you had a good summer. You were missed in Quebec. Love to all of you, Marlyn Erskine(Ann's Mom)

Yun said...

8 months already? Where has the time gone? Cedar is looking mighty handsome. I can't believe how big he is already. Miss you tons. Hugs from us.

Ann On and On... said...

Oh my friend...please move back. O.k. I got it out.

I am so happy to see all of your smiling faces. Cedar still has my heart.
Miss you!