A belated happy new year wish, friends! I hope that 2011 is off to a joyful start for you.
As I reflect on my first year of motherhood, my heart is full. I also realize that the concept of 'free time' no longer has any meaning. Ironically I thought I was busy when I was working full time, yet now as a Mom at home, I wonder where did I used to find the hours for all the leisurely things I fit in?
Basically that's my excuse for having zero time for former luxuries such as talking on the phone, emailing friends, reading, housework, and basic personal upkeep. Thanks for understanding ;)
Well, last week our household celebrated two birthdays. Baby turned one — his papa and I were beaming all day, so proud of our little guy. And a few days later I bid adieu to my 4th decade. Of course nothing can top last year's present, when we brought him home from the hospital on my birthday. I sure did feel special though, thanks to my sweetie's royal treatment.
Here are some scenes from Cedar's big day. Granda Ken came over to celebrate with us.







3 comments:
I can't believe he is a year old already. He is the cutest little guy. You all look so happy. Love your update. Glad all is going well for you.
(Ann's Mom Marlyn)
Happy belated birthday to Cedar!
And yes, although some simple things are rare now like reading the paper and speaking on the phone without it sounding like there's a circus in the background, it's the most rewarding feeling. Can you imagine it gets better? It does :)
Love and hugs from us
Oh wow you look all good ! Happy to see your baby growing so fast (as mine for sure...)
missing you in Quebec, hope you're happy as you seems to be in Ontario
kisses
Sophie
Post a Comment