Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The homestead


We're picking away at getting the new house unpacked.  Huge progress yesterday: we now have our bed out of storage, after two grumpy months on the futon.  There's a bit of a deadline in mind, with baby #2 due in about six weeks :o)  Dunno why I haven't written about that yet... this go 'round has flown by.  Also, I think knowing more about pregnancy the second time is making me even more contemplative, inward instead of outward.

Much of the thinking about how to organize things around here is geared to the outdoors.  With so much space, daydreaming about all the possibilities for landscaping, trails and nooks is always on the go.  I haven't taken many shots of the property yet.  To give you an idea, here's the cabin Rob is building for us as an outdoor studio/guest space (and a display for his wood business).


Otherwise we're enjoying every bit of the lush summer here, trying to beat the heat with a lake dip every day.  We're spoiled, numerous beach choices within a 10 min drive.  As you can see baby sure loves the water, even if it's just bathing in the sink with GrammE or doing dishes with Mom and Dad (his daily obsession!).



And he's taking swimming lessons at the town beach.  It's too cute... he's in the first level, "Starfish".  Mostly it's splashing and playing to get comfortable with the water.  He's the only starfish so he has two sweet teachers all to himself, for a half-hour every weekday this month, all for 30 bucks.  Yes, we're discovering that there are some wonderful advantages to middle-of-nowhere, small-town life (despite how I felt after the endless, quiet winter).


2 comments:

Morag said...

Well I've just had the fun of updating myself on your last few postings. About time, eh? :) Wonderful writing, excellent photos about everything from Sweet Water Designs (amazing), lovely Cuba respite and your cozy new home here on our special piece of paradise, Manitoulin Island. So very happy to have y'all so happy & so near. Our little prince is so precious & are so excited to meet our next family member...double delight for us all. So proud of the Lefevre Saint family!
love always, Mom aka GrammE xox

Ann On and On... said...

Cedar is growing up...too fast! Thanks for the photos. It helps me to see more of your life and what you are doing. As difficult as it is, please keep posting. Miss you so much. I will call when I have a phone. :) xoxoxo Ann