Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Falling for ewe autumn yarn swap (questionnaire)

Just joined my first-ever yarn swap on Ravelry, and I'm sooooo excited! This fall I will have a secret pal to spoil with treats, and I will receive 3 special packages of my own. How cool is that?! So here's the info I'm supposed to provide for my buddy.

(I should be in bed now but can't stop watching these dang Olympics...c'mon Canada, float us a medal?)


1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
Knitter: learned basics about 2.5 decades ago, full-on for 4 yrs

2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
Nope. Think it's cool though.

3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
quilting, water colour painting, sketching

4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
Wool / wool blends. No special faves yet because while a poor student, I couldn't afford to try all the delicious options out there.

5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
acrylic, novelty yarns, not a big fan of knitting with cotton

6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
none come to mind, but I like natural looking fibres

7. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
hats, mitts, wraps, artistic things with no purpose

8. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn?
a scarf, a baby blanket, a hat. Starting some charity knitting for winter (kids' hats)

9. What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
Not the best looking, but the coolest I think is a wall hanging I made from unravelled sweaters with giant needles I also made. Pic is on my ravelry page.

10. What is your oldest UFO?
couple pairs of baby booties that are missing a mate, from 2 y ago.

11. Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
growing sheep

12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yeah - women's 7 shoe

13. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
the bird?

14. Where/how do you keep you needles/hooks?
some in a jar, some in a rubbermaid bin

15. Do you collect anything?
Nope. ETA: well, not intentionally, but I have a few turtle and bird-themed things that people have given to me (and that I quite like!)

16. What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?
Alt-country-roots-folk-rock-bluesy kinda stuff. Have an ipod.

17. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Mmm... dark chocolate, and red licorice nibs.

18. What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?
I live in a sweet apartment in a beautiful little city where I can see the nearby, small mountains. Have neither pets nor children (yet) but like both ;)

19. Are you allergic to anything?
latex, sulfa drugs

20. Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal.
No, I like surprises!

21. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
no

22. What is your Ravelry ID?
kalyle

OMG I so have to get to bed.

2 comments:

Sharilynn said...

Mmmm, me too. Dark Chocolate and Red Licorice Nibs. Yum, Yum. My friend Amanda claims Nibs are divine on popcorn. I've never tried. I'm allergic to Sulfa drugs too. This is just plain eerie ;)

kalyle said...

Maybe we are fraternal twins separated at birth... and then our parents lied about our birthdays so we wouldn't get suspicious ;)