Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Election Fever + Falling for Ewe week #4

yarn swap: What do you plan on dressing up as for Halloween?

Hmmm... I might throw a fȇte for my co-workers. Halloween parties are always loads of fun. Perhaps I will dress up as Sarah Palin, à la Tina Fey. Her recent SNL parodies are absolutely *killing* me.



ix-nay arper-Hay!

More on next week's election: some pundits are now predicting no chance of a majority for Harper, phew! Let it be so.

Check out this song by some top Canadian singers (K-OS, Sarah Harmer, Hawksley Workman, Jason Collett...) who are encouraging people NOT to vote Conservative, if you give a rat's ass about the environment.


And you can find more information here about how to vote FOR the environment in your riding. (I'm not endorsing the idea of strategic voting — I voted in the advance poll based on my own views — but this will tell you how the parties are stacking up in your area).

3 comments:

Rima said...

Haha. They crack me up.

Sharilynn said...

I guess the pundits were right! So sad for Elizabeth May though. She had a tough riding, it would have been quite a feat for her to win. Hope you were able to get in on some election night fever.

kalyle said...

Thank the gods for no majority. But yeah I was bummed that May didn't win her riding :( I watched the election results via the Globe and Mail's live website updates. (And saw the last presidential debate, hilarious. GObama!)