Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Nesting

Hallelujah!  My maternity leave started today.  I am *so* glad to be done work, so I can now concentrate fully on the fact that we're about to become parents =)

Been getting lots of emails and calls asking our status: three days til his predicted due date, but who knows?  He's in position and it could be any day.  I'm hoping we get at least a few days to take some deep breaths, tidy the house, and just relax until baby arrives. 

Everything's pretty much ready though.  I finished knitting a "welcome home" outfit:





His daddy assembled the crib and car seat, the room's ready, and our hospital bags are mostly packed.  (Many of you will notice your contributions in this photo but I couldn't capture it all — everything we've received is so appreciated and ready for use!)


 

So yup, the conditions are perfect now for nesting.  Middle of winter, snug at home, surrounded by trees and snow.   Here's a view from a walk we did the other day on the frozen river behind the house.  Amazing to think that soon on we'll be able to go for winter outings like this as a family, with our son!

We'll be sure to let you know the good news ASAP...

 

2 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

Is he here yet?.... Now..... How about now? (Hee Hee)

I am so excited you decided Ann wasn't to feminine to name your son. Ooops, did I let the cat out of the bag?

kalyle said...

Ha ha :o) No action yet... but now we know he'll be an Aquarius like me.