Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

More fall stitchin'

My needles have been clackin' up a wee storm these last months. Now that the weather has turned and the leaves are on the ground? No holds barred baby, knitting extravaganza!

First off, here's the loot I just received from my secret pal (the 2nd of my 3 fall yarn swap packages). There is nothing like coming home to find a fat care package tucked into your mailbox! As you can see she's really spoiling me, with yummy sock wool, other yarns, Halloween treats and all kinds o' knitting accessories. Thank you sweet pal, whomever you are !!! ;-)



(Oh, I'm supposed to give hints about what I'm coveting for my final package. Honestly swapper, you have great taste and I like being surprised. But hmm, maybe a pattern from my ravelry faves? The hat called Koolhas or Central Park Hoodie are both delectable).

I've been knitting lots of socks lately. As my secret pal has sent me some stylin' sock yarn, I'm planning to make some for myself over the winter. This afternoon I went strolling to buy coffee and shampoo, and somehow these two pairs of Maryjanes ended up in my bag — coincidentally (cough) perfect for showing off handknit socks. (High heels AND flats... a girl's gotta be practical after all).



Kara, Claire, Stéphanie & Sophie

Still working on my charity projects for Warm Hands leading up to the end-of-Nov deadline. Some of that has been done in the company of my new knitting pals via our Québec group on ravelry . I was super keen to get this going; we've now had 3 knitting nights at a local café (photo of us above, courtesy of Stéphanie) and plan to meet every 2 weeks. Here are some of the pieces I've been working on. Going to finish off one last pair of kids' socks and then think about what I want to get done for Christmas (less than 2 months away, doh!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun at your knit evening.

Thanks for the heads up on some patterns you want :)

Glad my package arrived safely to you! I am already working on package number 3 with my reveal!

EPCC Team said...

I'm slowing coming back to the world and happy to have a new post to read here. LOVE the shoes! Hope all is well, Love S.