Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow's a flyin'

Um, where did November go?! The last couple weeks have whipped by.

There were beautiful snow flurries today. I'm hunkering down into winter mode, feeling a stirring sense of adventure-to-come with the shortening days and chilly mornings. Because that means it's time for oodles of blankets, warm woollies, yummy stews, candlelight, hot chocolate, skiing, and snowshoeing. I fully intend to embrace this real Québec winter!

Of course knitting is part of the cold-weather fun. Here are some hand-made hats being modelled by me, Samantha (my Mom knit hers), and Willem when I visited Yarker this weekend.



Here is the final package I received from my pal in the Falling for Ewe Yarn Swap: Robyn, your gifts were fabulous and so appreciated! I'm posting a link to your store on my blog as a way to say thank you. I am super excited about your upcoming Fave Things Swap, woOT!



And here are the contents of the package I delivered last week to the Warm Hands Network. This was my first experience with charity knitting — had an absolute blast doing it. I hope there will be nothing but toasty toes, fingers and heads this winter in Labrador :)

4 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Glad you liked being spoiled during the swap! Hope you liked everything!

Happy knitting! Stay in touch! Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

The knitting looks great for WHN. Thank you! I know the community will be very grateful, and hands, fingers and toes, and hearts will be warmer! Amy

kalyle said...

Robyn, I loved it all - milles merci =)

Aww shucks Amy, you're welcome. Thanks to you two for organizing such a brilliant effort!

Myownigloo said...

Gorgeous socks -- they look so comfy!