Two weekends ago my friend Sapna came up from Montreal, so we could do the road trip we'd been planning all summer. Tadoussac is a 3 hr drive east from Québec. The main draw is the diversity of whales you can see there. It's an important feeding area because of the rich plankton available where the Saguenay River meets the fleuve St. Laurent... with 13 different species of whales!
The town is very cute, dotted with the traditional red roofs you see all around Quebec. Amid many recent days of foggy rain, we lucked out and caught a few sunny hours the afternoon of our boat trip. From the comfort a vessel much bigger than the zodiacs pictured above we saw many belugas, minke whales and grey seals. The best part was a group of 7-8 fin whales that were spouting and diving to our delight. Truly stunning. They're 2nd in size only to the Blue whale, which we did not see.






2 comments:
Wow, I don't think I've seen that many whales in my life, let alone in one afternoon. Looks like a nice trip!
I've always wanted to visit Tadoussac. One day!
Sorry it's been a busy October for me. I'm getting your October package ready to ship!
Post a Comment